Ukuleles are beautiful instruments popularized by the humble people of the Hawaiian Islands. It resembles a guitar in design, but it also closely resembles different stringed instruments in several respects.
You don’t always have to go to Hawaii to enjoy the peace in an artistic way. With Hawaiian uke creation, you can create a Hawaiian atmosphere anywhere around you. However, you also feel comfortable playing.
Concert ukuleles are very popular due to their small size and classic, upbeat tone.
This article hopes to provide information on this question to help guide you through the buying process, which for newcomers can be a bit overwhelming.
Features that we consider important to the purchasing process include weight, key, warranty information, and materials. You should take the time to research before committing to a purchase.
In a hurry? Here are quick links of our top 7 recommendations of best concert ukuleles:
- Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele
- Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele
- Enya EUC-M6 Cutaway Concert Ukulele
- Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
- Hricane UKS-2 Concert Ukulele
- Martin C1K Concert Ukulele
- Kala MK-C Makala Concert Ukulele
Whatever your budget, here you can find an ideal choice of the best concert ukuleles for beginners and all other areas of your life that demand pristine performances.
Check out my personal favorites and see what arouses your interest. My list of the best concert ukuleles includes affordable, expensive, and beginner-friendly.
Let us help you make the decision to purchase a concert ukuleles to begin your music career. These are some of the best concert ukuleles you can buy today.
Best Concert Ukuleles: Our Picks
Its review time! We have chosen some of the good ukulele brands that will meet the needs of most musicians. Use this list to get the most out of your next instrument purchase.
Here, we will provide a review of the best concert ukuleles in detail so you can shop knowing everything. Let’s get started.
The design, swirling waves, and shark tooth inspired soundhole rosette are where Luna Tattoo’s name comes from.
It is a great option for both beginner players and more experienced players.
With a body made entirely of satin-finish laminated mahogany, a solid C-shaped mahogany neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and 18 frets, it’s as good to play as it gets.
However, you may need a good initial setup to reach the best gameplay options. Other than that, it is very comfortable to play.
Additionally, the Luna Tattoo comes with a set of open gear tuners and Pearloid buttons.
The padded gig bag is a nice touch and a great way to extend the durability of your instrument.
The Cordoba 15CM lives up to Cordoba’s high standards in musical instruments.
It comes with a mahogany top, back, and sides, as well as a silk-finish, to make its build solid and enhance its sound.
The Cordoba 15CM comes with premium Aquila Nyglut strings that add to the richness of its sound.
In addition, it has adapted tuners that make it stand out compared to other ukuleles on the market. The digital chromatic clip tuner helps you keep a ukulele in tune.
Its 4-pound weight might be the only thing that would make me hesitate to call it the best concert ukulele on the list.
Cordoba is quite famous for outfitting its ukuleles with Aquila Nylgut strings, and the 15CM is no exception – it comes with the latest 7U edition of these strings, which are very durable and produce smooth, rich sounds.
The configuration, however, leaves certain things to be desired. Namely, some people find the action of the Cordoba 15 CM too high, making it a bit less “playable” than similar ukuleles with moderate action.
We’re talking about improved intonation – it’s pretty much a rule that all higher-action string instruments go out of tune less often, so you can be sure your 15CA will keep singing faithfully for weeks and months.
Our editor’s pick for the best cheap concert ukulele is the Hricane UKS-2.
This is the perfect instrument if you are looking to start or continue your ukulele career.
Made from a Sapele wood body and a walnut fingerboard, it boasts of quality construction.
The satin finish means you can see the grain of the wood in all its glory.
The four strings of the Hricane UKS-2 are made of carbon sourced from Japan and there are also 18 brass frets on the fingerboard.
Traditionally, the frets have position marks to help you play easier. Manufacturers have assured users that the strings can be changed effortlessly, which means there are no barriers for new players.
When you play the Hricane UKS-2, you can count on creating a smooth, simple sound. The music will jump straight from the strings to your ears in a harmonious way, which is no wonder why it is considered one of the best sounding concert ukuleles.
If you’re still not convinced, don’t just take our word for it. The Hricane UKS-2 is one of the highest-rated concert ukuleles on Amazon.
It has an impressively high rating, and previous users are raving about this instrument. It’s beautiful to look at, easy to play and sounds wonderful.
To top it off, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee, just in case. A warranty like this is a sure sign that the manufacturer has faith in their creation.
The intonation of Martin’s C1K is flawless and flawless:
It features a set of nickel-plated open gear tuners that easily remove the stress built up by medium action during strumming.
The sound C1K produces can be characterized as impressive, and that would be, to put it mildly.
The Martin C1K is Koa’s best concert ukulele thanks to its Koa wood body and sipo wood fingerboard.
The finish of the Martin C1K is satin, perfect for this type of wood. Just give it a good cloth massage after playing your concert. The ukulele will never lose its shine.
While the Martin C1K is amazing for its looks, it is also impressive for its sound. The deep, luscious notes are produced within the body of the ukulele. The strings are very well paralleled and stay tight in their grooves.
You can also be sure that once you tune the Martin C1K it will last for a long time. There is nothing more frustrating than having to constantly tune an instrument. With this concert ukulele from Koa, once you tune it, it will last for a while.
One final reason to buy the Martin C1K is that while it is at the higher end of the price spectrum, it is still less than Koa’s other concert ukuleles. So while you have to pay a premium for its craftsmanship, the price is considerably lower than other similar models.
Additional tips on buying a concert ukulele
It doesn’t matter which instrument you choose; Quality, durability, and performance are the most important factors in finding the best concert ukuleles.
Here’s some most important information about concert ukuleles:
What is a Concert Ukulele?
Basically, a “concert” ukulele is one of the most common types of uke. Although there are people who think that concert ukuleles are “made for concerts”, this is not the point. They typically have 15-20 frets and a larger body, allowing you to play a wider range of notes with a fuller sound.
The scale length, fingerboard length, and overall dimensions are different from concert ukuleles, but we’ll talk more about this in the next section.
What is special about a Concert Ukulele?
In order of size, they include the soprano, concerto, tenor, and baritone. Smaller ukuleles produce lighter sounds, while larger types have a deeper sound.
You may think that the bigger the instrument, the easier it is to play, but in reality, the opposite is true. A concert ukulele is uniquely sized to fit the palms of a person’s hand, at least the neck of the instrument.
If you want to be able to hold a ukulele on your lap and immediately feel comfortable with it, then the concert ukulele is your best option.
So, which is the best concert ukulele right now?
The best concert ukulele really depends on what type of ukulele you are looking for, what level of performance you are on, and how you want to use it. Our best choice for the best concert ukuleles is the Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele.
- This Tattoo Concert Uke Takes Its Design From Traditional Hawaiian Body Ornamentation
- The Designs Were Monochromatic, Tattooed In Black Against Brown Skin
- The Patterns And Layout Were Strongly Geometric And There Were Many Shapes And Symbols Representing The Natural Island World
- The Fret Markers Are Stylized Sharks Teeth
- Rich, Bright Sound: The Mahogany Top, Back, And Sides, Give This Small Bodied Ukulele A Rich, Clear, And High-Quality Sound.
- Easy Tuning: Córdoba Silver With Pearl Button Tuners Make It A Breeze To Tune Your Ukulele And Maintain Tuning For Uninterrupted Playing.
- Classic Aesthetics: Showcases A Solid Mahogany Top, Back, And Sides, With Quality Construction All Around. The Handcrafted Body Also Includes An Abalone Rosette And An Ivoroid Binding To The Body And The Fingerboard That Distinguishes It From Other Models.
- Satin Finish: Additional Features Include A Sleek Satin Finish, Silver Tuners With Pearl Buttons, And Premium Aquila Strings.
- Natural wood has unique spirit and varies greatly in color richness and wood grain; Product shipped may appear lighter or darker in color than the product shown here.
- 3A solid mahogany top, back and sides with a high gloss finish which is wear and corrosion resistance provide clear, crisp and melodious sound.
- The Mother of pearl design Inlay on the fingerboard is unique and gorgeous.
- High quality Enya strings provide stability and durability sound not only can avoid stroke but also allows for a full-bodied sound when you play ukulele songs.
- 1:18 gold agate die-cast (rather than poor quality brass-plated zinc alloy); Finer and more stable tuning; Ensures the ukulele the best Intonation, stays in tune for longer times.
- The ukulele is perfect for solo playing which brings richer and brighter sound.Whether you are a beginner or a professional player and also entertain your leisure time.
- It features select Hawaiian Koa body and top with gloss finish
- It has Abalone binding and rosette on top
- It features Nyatoh neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- It has Grover chrome tuners
- It has lifetime warranty
- 【QUALITY MATERIAL】HRICANE concert ukuleles which whole body was made of SAPELE, The Walnut fingerboard and Aquila nylon string.The neck was make of AGUMAN.
- 【 BEAUTIFUL TONE 】: Smooth and accurate, Hricane concert ukelele arched back gives longer sustain, fuller, warmer and a bit deeper woody tones sound ! Aquila strings definitely help to make the sound pretty clear and sweet, it holds tune nicely.
- 【FINGER BOARD DESIGN 】The 23 inch concert uke has the real classic body design and come with the silver geared tuners. Some laser patterns near the sound hole which make this ukulele unique. The 18 silver nickel frets with fret position marks at 5th, 7th, 10th, and 12th, and 15th frets on top of fingerboard.
- 【EASY TO PLAY】Concert size is a top choice for most beginners who start to learn ukulele. The body size is suitable for most of people, and the frets are a bit more wider than the soprano, that will be easier to play.
- 【SERVICE GUARRANTEE 】We offer a free 30 days money back guarantee. Contact us if you have any problems with your ukulele and we will do our best to help you. Ukulele come with ukulele bag, digital tuner, strap, 4 spare strings, pickup, cleaning cloth, Small accessories bag.
- PROFESSIONAL SOUND: The top, back, and sides of Martin’s C1K ukuleles are constructed from solid, Hawaiian koa wood. Hawaiian koa allows the ukulele to deliver a crisp, clear sound. The concert body style complements the solid wood construction by providing soft and pleasing tones, allowing the musician to enjoy the captivating melody.
- SUPERIOR APPEARANCE: The Martin C1K concert uke is expertly handmade and boasts a solid Hawaiian koa top, back, and sides. Each instrument is finished with a satin lacquer. It has an applied dovetail neck joint, non-scalloped brace, standard taper neck, and nickel open gear tuners, making it look as captivating as it sounds.
- PREMIUM HANDMADE UKULELE: Handmade from the highest-quality wood, each Martin ukulele is built to stand up to late-night jams, long studio sessions, outdoor playing, and plenty of strumming or picking. Each wooden ukulele is designed from high-quality materials and delivers unique designs, professional sounds, and enjoyable playing.
- ENHANCED PLAYABILITY: In addition to Martin’s iconic tone, known worldwide, our acoustic ukuleles deliver enhanced playability that makes playing a pleasure, no matter your experience or skill level. Whether you’re playing traditional Hawaiian music, rock, country, folk, or bluegrass, these ukuleles deliver a natural playing experience that you will love.
- MARTIN UKULELES & GUITARS: Martin’s superior ukulele, guitar, and string products remain the choice of musicians around the world for their unrivaled quality, craftsmanship, and tone. Still handmade. Still the standard. Martin instruments are the real deal—not an imitation.
- Agathis body
- Concert size
- Satin finish
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
Concert ukuleles are and will be a favorite of all ukulele musicians. They are not as flimsy as soprano ukes and are not as heavy as tenor and baritone types.
Finding the right model may seem easy at first, but you will easily get lost in the maze of countless ukes that adorn the market.
Whatever your wishes, you are now a more educated buyer and you will definitely be more satisfied with your instrument.
We hope this guide has helped you choose the best concert ukulele that best fits your needs!