Here are our top 7 Best MIDI Controllers for Logic Pro X in 2022
- Akai Professional MPK249 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- Alesis VI49 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- Arturia KeyLab 49 MKII Keyboard Controller
- IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro Full-sized 37-key MIDI Controller
- Nektar Impact LX49+ Keyboard Controller
- Novation Impulse 49 USB Midi Controller Keyboard
Whatever your budget, here you can find an ideal choice of the best midi keyboards for logic pro x and all other areas of your life that demand pristine performances.
🏆 Quick Look at the Best MIDI Keyboards for Logic Pro X 🏆
The 7 Top-Rated MIDI Keyboards for Logic Pro X: Our Picks
Its review time! we invested a lot of time and effort in compiling this guide. And from our in-depth research, we were able to gather and include everything a prospective buyer needs to know before purchasing a MIDI keyboard controller.
To help you decide which product is the best MIDI keyboard for Logic Pro X, we spent countless hours searching manufacturers’ sites, checking the features each model offers and reading hundreds of customer reviews.
Then we choose the best options, creating a comparison table and adding some in-depth reviews. We also wrote a buying guide to help you discover what features you need for the music you want to create.
Therefore, we must choose one that fits perfectly. We visited many keyboard stores, talked to various professionals and manufacturers, and finally got our top seven.
Here, we will provide a review of the best midi keyboards for logic pro x in detail so you can shop knowing everything. Let’s get started.
Akai Professional MPK249 is an all-in-one controller keyboard perfect for playing live or practicing in your home recording studio. It has 49 semi-heavy pressure-sensitive keys with distinguished aftertouch.
It has 16 MPC-style pads, eight knobs, switches, and faders. With the pad banks, you’ve had a total of 64 pads in total, plus a total of 24 knobs and controls, including the transport buttons.
Optimized to interact directly with your Mac or PC, it can be easily connected and automatically played via a USB connection.
Requires and works well with Mac 1.25GHz or faster, Windows 1.5Ghz or faster, 1GB or 2GB of RAM, compatible sound, preferably compatibility with ASIO and QuickTime drivers. Includes VIP music software so you can control virtual instruments by hand without any problem.
The M-Audio Code 61 Black may be the second best MIDI controllers for Logic Pro X out there. It is the largest in the Code series, with a new keyboard that gives you clean, precise action with a natural profile.
All keys are velocity and pressure-sensitive, giving you the kind of expressive gameplay you’re looking for. On the side of the keyboard are 16 RGB velocity-sensitive drum pads.
All of these are assignable and backlit, with customizable colors, so you know what function has been assigned to each with just a glance.
The Alesis VI49 MIDI Controller offers the soundest flexibility of any Logic Pro X controller by providing 49 full-size semi-weighted keys, 36 buttons, and 12 controller knobs that you can assign to different sounds and then edit and modify them.
Its design makes it equally useful in the studio and as a live instrument.
The Arturia Keylab 49 Essential controller works as a universal MIDI controller. It comes with MIDI, USB, optional DC power, sustain pedal connectivity, and MCU / HUI control support.
It features pitch and mod wheels, smart chord functionality, MIDI channel selection, backlit performance pads, DAW command center, two-line LCD display, knobs and faders, and 49 keys.
The Keylab 49 Essential comes bundled with the Perfect Analog Lab, Ableton Live Lite, and UVI Grand piano Model D integration.
Some buyers said this was one of the best MIDI controllers they could find. They enjoyed both the feel and functionality of this keyboard.
Available in black and pearl white finishes, this 49-key is perfect for musicians looking for a simple but fully functional MIDI keyboard.
One of the most popular challenges newbies face is deciding a specific key configuration. While the 25-key variant is too limited, the 49 and 61-key setups are too wide for beginners.
The 37-key three-octave setup provides an excellent medium across the full range of setups. And in this setup, you can’t go wrong with the portable iRig keyboard without problems.
This keyboard is a simple model, it comes without knobs or pads. Instead, it has 37 touch-sensitive keys and two wheels, one for tone and modulation control. Weighing less than four pounds and measuring approximately seven inches wide, this is one of the most portable keyboards out there.
Of course, you can’t expect to get light-heavy keys in this price range, so this unit comes with synth-action keys, which surprisingly feel great and play fast. Also, they do not soften quickly.
In addition to that, this unit has a very low power consumption. While some MIDI keyboards consume a lot of power, this one needs nothing more than an external keyboard.
There are a few features that make the Novation Impulse 49 USB MIDI Controller Keyboard a great choice for those who love to play their own music. It uses the Automap 4 control software, which integrates almost seamlessly with Logic Pro X, as well as Pro Tool, Ableton, and many more.
This software lets you instantly map all of those controls, including knobs, buttons, and faders, so you can use them to their fullest potential to create the exact sounds you want every time you sit in your music studio.
The keys are full-size piano-style so you can move smoothly from your piano to your controller. They’re also light-heavy, with assignable aftertouch to boost performance and enhance your musical expression.
There are eight high-quality drum pads, all velocity-sensitive, and include the aftertouch function. These pads are backlit in three LED colors and have some unique features, like undulating rhythms or distortion arpeggios.
Other features include the eight knobs, nine faders, and a few buttons, plus a custom LCD screen. This control panel gives you the ability to adjust and control every aspect with very little effort.
There’s no need for a power cord, as the Impulse uses USB to power it. There are also MIDI input and output ports, plus expression and sustain pedal inputs, should you need them.
Which are the best midi keyboards for logic pro x right now?
The best midi controllers for logic pro x really depends on what type of keyboards you are looking for, what level of performance you are on, and how you want to use it. Our best choice for the best midi controllers for logic pro x is the Akai MPK249.
- Pro Keyboard Performance - 49 semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel
- Beat Making Essentials - 16 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads - the perfect solution for triggering samples, loops, one-shots, melodics and more
- Assignable Control - 24 assignable Q-Link controllers comprising 8 control knobs, faders and switches engineered for hassle-free DAW / virtual instrument mapping
- Your Studio Centerpiece - Take command of your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of an onboard USB-MIDI interface with 5-pin MIDI input and output
- Core MPC Tools - MPC mainstay controls included - MPC Note Repeat, arpeggiator, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo and Time Division
- 61 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys with aftertouch, an all-new custom keybed for a clean, precise action, and four assignable zones for splits and layering
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching and more; 8 assignable 360 enCoders combined with 9 assignable faders and buttons for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
- Fully assignable, Ableton-friendly XY pad for HID control and a unique way of controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- Minimal setup required | Mackie/HUI transport control enables for a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
- USB bus powered with on-board 5 pin MIDI in and out for sending MIDI data from PC sequencers to your favourite analogue synth
- MIDI Keyboard with 49 full-sized, square-front, semi-weighted keys with after touch. USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI Out offer flexible MIDI connectivity
- Manipulate plugins and virtual instruments with hands-on controls. With VI49, you can open and close filters on virtual synthesizers, adjust volume levels in your mix, activate effects, and much more
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with illuminated RGB feedback for beat production and clip launching. Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- 36 assignable buttons and 12 assignable knobs interface with your music software. Seamless visual feedback via LED screen and illuminated buttons and knobs
- Production software included - MPC Beats, Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads). USB-powered and plug-and-play support for Mac and PC
- Benefits: The Arturia KeyLab MkII 49-Key MIDI Keyboard Controller is an expressive, versatile studio controller that works seamlessly with your DAW, virtual instruments, hardware, and modular gear
- Features: It features dynamic performance and studio controls, including a high-quality 49-note keyboard with aftertouch, 16 RGB backlit pads, 9 faders, 9 rotary knobs, and dedicated DAW and transport controls
- Construction: Encased in durable, tour-ready aluminum and decked out with wiggle-free knobs and faders, Arturia has created a controller designed from the ground up to not let you down
- Controls: KeyLab MkII features 9 rotary encoders, 9 faders, 16 backlit RGB performance pads, and a selection of fully assignable buttons to give you unfettered access to your virtual instruments, effects, and recording environment
- Software: KeyLab MkII comes complete with thousands of sounds in 3 incredible software titles - Analog Lab, Piano V, and Ableton Live Lite - and works seamlessly with them to let you create music without barriers. Say �hello� to your ideal creative companion for the studio and stage
- 37 velocity-sensitive full-sized keys (a 3 full octaves range plus one note)
- Modulation and pitch bend wheels
- Volume/Data knob
- Octave Up/Down and Program Up/Down back-lit soft-touch buttons
- Input for an optional sustain or expression pedal
- High quality MIDI controller keyboard designed for performers and producers wanting tactile instrument control. 49 full-size synth-action velocity-sensitive keys, 8 back-lit hyper-sensitive drum pads, 9 faders, 8 knobs, 6 transport buttons, pitch bend, modulation + octave & transpose buttons + sustain pedal socket.
- Nektar DAW integration for most popular DAWs with Mixer and Instrument modes
- Comprehensive MIDI functionailty. Compatible with all MIDI music software applications
- Mac, PC and iOS Compatible
- Includes Bigwig Studio 8-track DAW + sound content package
- Ultra-responsive semi weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Full DAW/plug-in control surface with 8 knobs, 9 faders and buttons
- Automap 4 control software enables instant hands-on access to your DAW and plug-ins
- Multi-function drum pads enable you to warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton Live
- Includes downloads for: Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station synth, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, and a Loopmasters Sample Pack. Novation now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Novation products.
This has been a long article and we’ve covered a number of MIDI keyboards and pad controllers. You also learned about the key issues to consider when purchasing the best MIDI controllers for Logic Pro X.
As we reviewed above all, the best devices for the professional level of all types of devices since they are all the best midi keyboards for logic pro x.
All of these controllers are very excellent in use and highly rated throughout the market. Its performance and characteristics are remarkable.