Ukuleles are an exceptionally fun instrument to start playing. If you are an absolute music beginner, they are an affordable and portable way to start your journey so you can play your favorite songs. In this article, we are reviewing the best ukulele for under 100 dollars.
With many instruments like keyboards or electric guitars, $100 is a tight budget. You are unlikely to find good options in these categories at this price.
We have reviewed all the most popular budget ukuleles on the market, so you can determine which one is right for your playing style and wallet.
The first thing to think about is the size you want to get. There are tons of different affordable ukuleles that come in all sizes, from soprano to concerts.
We research each size and choose a few to add to this buyer’s guide. We review the build quality, materials, specifications, pros, and cons of each model, so you can find the best uke for you.
Let’s take a look at the top-rated inexpensive ukuleles that would be a great addition to any collection or studio.
Here are our top 7 Best Ukuleles for Under $100 in 2022
- Kala KA-C Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele
- Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele
- Hola! Music HM-121BU+ Deluxe Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
- AKLOT Soprano Solid Mahogany Ukelele
- Fender Grace VanderWaal “Moonlight” Soprano Ukelele
- Ranch Concert Ukulele
- Protege U100CM Concert Ukulele
Whatever your budget, here you can find an ideal choice of the best ukulele for under $100 and all other areas of your life that demand pristine performances.
🏆 Quick Look at the Best Ukulele for Under $100 🏆
The 7 Top-Rated Ukuleles for Beginners: Our Picks
Its review time! We invested a lot of time and effort in compiling this guide. We’ve spent 54 hours searching for the best ukulele for under 100 dollars on the market, and we’ve used various sources, such as reviews and reviews from professional musicians, to provide the information you need.
We have examined the size, materials used, weight, and other key features such as style and warranty, as the perfect ukulele needs to tick all the right boxes. To make your life as easy as possible, we have compiled a comparison chart and in-depth reviews of each product.
You can blindly trust us because the more research you do, the more knowledge you get. We investigate for our loving clients as for the best.
Therefore, we must choose one that fits perfectly. We visited many ukulele stores, talked to various professionals and manufacturers, and finally got our top five.
Here, we will provide a review of the best drums for jazz in detail so you can shop knowing everything. Let’s get started.
In addition to including a great uke model, this kit has everything you need to start your journey to learning the instrument.
It comes in under $100 and has had some amazing reviews considering the price.
It is a soprano ukulele, very popular for those just starting out, and it is well built despite the cheap price. Kala is a very prolific brand when it comes to creating ukulele options.
The general appearance of this device is different not only with other ukuleles but also with guitars.
Hello! Music HM-121BU+ is similar in some ways to the Kala Ukulele Starter Kit. Both offer accessories, meaning everything you need is shipped with the product.
If you like colorful creations, you will be the happiest with Hello! Music HM-121BU+ Soprano Ukulele as your best cheap ukulele.
It is available in different colors, you can find your favorite color in its variations.
With maple top, back, and sides, the HM-121BU+ ensures you only produce the best incredible sound. With its rosewood or walnut fingerboard and bridge, depending on which one you choose, the HM-121BU+ is made with high quality and is built to last a long time.
With so many cool accessories included, it’s perhaps true that the manufacturer has saved some money on crafts. It is not as well built as some of the others.
That being said, the sound is more than acceptable and the accessories make Hello! Music HM-121BU+ is a good option for less than $100.
It also features premium Italian Aquila Nylgut strings and silver tuners with 12 nickel silver frets with fret markers.
The HM-121BU+ is coated with a thin coat of paint that is enough to give it an attractive physique, which also preserves the natural effect of the wood, thus producing a very rich and warm tone.
Perfect for a Hawaiian-themed afternoon session, you can’t go wrong with the HM-121BU+.
The AKC23 is a wonderful choice as the best cheap ukulele, especially once we delve into its features and cleverly made design.
With a solid wood construction and a perfectly shaped edge, the AKLOT AKC23 Concert Ukulele sings with a stable, pure key and great playability.
Also perfect for beginners, the AKC23 comes complete with an instruction booklet to help beginners get started right away.
With its solid wood construction, the AKC23’s body is made from mahogany, making it compact and with a more natural sound. Due to this construction, the AKC23 offers even greater sustain and resonance.
You would also notice its round edge, confirming that it won’t cost you to play it because you can easily hold it while playing.
Complete with advanced, heavy-duty tuners, the AKC23 stays in tune for a long time with incredible intonation.
With perfect string action, the AKC23 is pre-installed with Aquila strings that deliver full sound.
Fender is a brand that is sure to attract the attention of music lovers everywhere! They make some of the best guitars in the world and have moved to other instruments as well.
The Seaside Soprano Ukulele is a good choice for those who want the Fender brand and improved build quality compared to many of the other ukuleles on this list.
A great choice for ukuleles below the $100 category!
This particular instrument is one that you can get in a variety of color options. The body is made of laminated basswood, so there is little chance that the device will suffer damage from bumps and bruises in daily use.
However, it is still quite light compared to most of the other devices listed. Another benefit of owning this device is that it is easy to change the chains due to the untethered bridge.
Beginners can use this as their training tool before switching to a more professional team when they improve on playing.
I haven’t personally played the ukulele Ranch yet. While I do my best to buy and reproduce every ukulele I recommend on this site, this model was not on my radar when I bought a round of ukuleles from Amazon for review.
Without the disclaimer, I still feel it’s fair to list this ukulele on my list of the best concert ukuleles for under $100 due to its rapid rise in Amazon rankings and stellar reviews. People who bought the Rancho seem impressed with the overall build quality, playability, and tone.
Cordoba created Protege as a line of high-quality instruments for ambitious new musicians who want a comfortable instrument that they can use to advance their skills. The U100CM is a perfect example that provides exactly that for gamers.
This concert-sized ukulele has a satin finish and a mother-of-pearl rosette. It’s another Uke with mahogany top, back, and sides, which help give it that old-style look. Featuring rosewood bridge and fingerboard, mother-of-pearl rosette, and a beautiful satin finish, this little uke looks like it costs many times what it does.
The Protege by Cordoba U100CM Concert Ukulele is a perfect choice for beginners just starting out.
Like all other instruments from this manufacturer, The Protege by Cordoba U100CM concert ukulele combines previous craftsmanship with newer developments.
It is very light and beginner-friendly, so if you are just starting to play ukuleles you will appreciate it.
It looks very prestigious with its satin finish and mahogany top, back and sides. Let’s not forget to mention how your wood has a warm tone!
When we look at all the factors, this instrument should definitely be on your bucket list this season! If you pick it up, you’ll see what this fuss is all about.
And the U100CM not only looks good, but it also sounds good. This ukulele can go head-to-head with intermediate ukuleles in terms of sound, and it’s the easiest to play ukulele of all in the budget class.
For the quality build, great sound, and eye-catching looks, you can’t go wrong with the Cordoba Protege U100CM.
So, which is the best Ukulele for you right now?
The best beginners ukulele really depend on what type of keyboards you are looking for, what level of performance you are on, and how you want to use it. Our best choice for the best ukuleles for beginners is the Kala KA-C Satin Mahogany Concert Ukulele.
We chose this one because it gives you everything you need for a pleasant ukulele playing experience – great design is needed to go with the gear and most importantly, wonderful authentic sound. This combination of price, quality, and appearance makes this ukulele our best option.
You must consider what stage of your musical journey you are on. If you need a cheap package including the case, hello!Hola! Music HM-121BU+ Soprano Ukulele could be for you.
- Kala Concert Mahogany Ukulele in a rich, satin finish with bright, contrasting cream binding. As the industry leader, our focus is to provide you with a high-quality, great sounding ukulele at an affordable price.
- These are gorgeous instruments that sound and play much more like an expensive, one-off, boutique-grade ukulele and have a warm, full-bodied, balanced tone.
- Comes with Graphtec NuBone nut and saddle, Silver Nickel Frets, Chrome Die-Cast Tuners, & Aquila Super Nylgut strings from Italy
- Kala ukuleles are played by some of the most renowned players around the world including: twenty one pilots, Vance Joy, dodie, EatMyUke, The Ukulele Teacher, and Zac Brown.
- CONCERT UKULELE – This would be considered a mid-sized ukulele with a bit longer scale and more frets than a soprano, which also makes it louder – tuned G C E A.
- This Tattoo Concert Uke Takes Its Design From Traditional Hawaiian Body Ornamentation
- The Designs Were Monochromatic, Tattooed In Black Against Brown Skin
- The Patterns And Layout Were Strongly Geometric And There Were Many Shapes And Symbols Representing The Natural Island World
- The Fret Markers Are Stylized Sharks Teeth
- Don't miss the Video on the left for full description and specifications.
- HM-121BU+ Soprano Ukulele features: All Mahogany body, Nato neck, Walnut fingerboard and bridge.
- Silver plated geared machine heads with black rubber pegs, 15 silver nickel frets, bone Nut and Saddle, laser engraved Rosette, built-in strap pin and Premium Italian Aquila Nylgut strings.
- Crafted to allow you to create warm, pitch-perfect Hawaiian harmonies, this ukulele is the best gift you can buy for yourself or your loved one!
- Don't miss!! Full description, images and specifications down the page. Hola! Music guarantees quality and affordability. Hola! - Say Hello to Music!
- 【Rounded Edge】Solid mahogany soundboard with rounded edge design (only solid wood can be designed roundly). This ukulele has outstanding resonance and sustainability, comfortable to hold.
- 【Advanced Tuner】1:18 pure copper gear (rather than poor quality brass-plated zinc alloy), finer and more stable tuning ensure the ukulele that has the best Intonation, stays in tune for longer time.
- 【Super Ukulele】Lower action allows you playing easily without buzzing, special fret wire avoids scratching, Aquila strings creates a full sound, strengthened neck and soundboard ensures quality and durability of this uke.
- 【Beginner Quickstart】Online ukulele lessons + ukulele instruction booklet for beginners for a 30-minute quick start.
- 【10 in 1 Accessories】We prepare full set of essential accessories for ukulele beginners to begin practice immediately. Aklot concert acoustic electric ukulele is very excellent choice as a gift. If any question, please feel free to contact us.
- Soprano-sized ukulele
- Gold hardware; Gold sparkle rosette
- Custom floral sound hole label inspired by Just The Beginning album art
- Pull-through bridge
- Warranty Included
- Clean Amazing Sound - The acoustic Concert ukulele Arched Back to give longer sustain, fuller, warmer and a bit deeper woody tones sound that are a pleasure to listen to! Having soft and smooth to touch Aquila strings definitely helps to make the sound that comes out of it resonate pretty clear and sweet which also holds tune through multiple plays very nicely
- A Crafted Artwork - Ranch amazing 23" Concert Ukelele combines the elegant Sapele wood for the smooth and polished body & mahogany neck. An acoustic instrument body fashioned from Sapele exhibits a pleasingly warmer and deeper tone than laminate wood. The lightweight & well built features allow you to create warm and pitch-perfect Hawaiian ukeles harmonies
- Easy to Play - With 12 Free Video Online Lessons, easy to follow. This Ranch Concert ukuleles 23 inch size is better than soprano ukes, only 3 inches bigger but with better sound and wider spaced frets which are better for adults, novices, intermediate player or professionals who starts to practice on. This ukele pack is your best choice! Also an awesome gift for birthdays, Christmas, housewarming, graduation etc.
- Easy to Tune - Chrome die cast tuning pegs keeps ukeleles in tune! It is as simple as tightening a screw. The digital tuner is easy to tune and play. It stays in tune longer than normal out of the box and offers a bright and distinctive tone whether you solo, play along with singing, or jam with friends
- Complete Concert Ukulele Set - Everything you need for a ukele kit Comes with: 1x Ranch UK-23 Concert uke (Aquila String Installed), 1x 10mm well padded Gig Bag, 1x Digital Tuner with Battery, 1x Extra Set of 4 Aquila Strings, 1x Strap, 1x microfiber Polishing Cloth, 1x step by step 12 online lessons! We've prepared everything for a beginner you need!
- Concert size ukulele featuring Mahogany top, back, and sides
- Mother-of-Pearl ring rosette
- Lightweight satin (matte) finish
There are some brilliant options on this list. Some are perfect for beginners who need a complete package that includes accessories, others are great for those who are just prioritizing sound quality.
We spend unlimited hours selecting these devices for you. All of these cellos are very excellent in use and highly rated throughout the market. Its performance and characteristics are remarkable.
You can blindly trust us because the more research you do, the more knowledge you get. We investigate for our loving clients as for the best.
We hope this guide has helped you choose a ukulele that suits your needs. Our reviews of the top 7 beginner ukuleles priced under $100 should help you narrow down your options. Take a little time to research before you buy to get the best possible results.